Resumption of Funeral Liturgies
With the resumption of the public celebration of Funeral Rites in church the follow guidelines are effective until further notice
- All directives for the celebration of public “in church” Masses are to be observed. Click here for protocols.
- Number of persons present should follow directives for public “in church” Masses, presently 50 person but, if necessary, no more than one third of church seating capacity.
- Masks are to be worn and social distancing maintained.
- No physical contact is permitted in church.
- Visitation and vigils in church are prohibited and should be conducted in the funeral home or other appropriate, dignified place.
- The use of the pall is suspended.
- Live-streaming of the Mass is permitted.
- For the committal, the number of persons in attendance should follow NJ state regulations for cemeteries and physical contact with those in attendance is prohibited.