Safe Environment Ministry
St. Paul Parish in compliance with the policies of the Diocese of Trenton is committed to the initiatives outlined in the United States Bishop's Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People in regard to establishment of safe environments for the children and young people entrusted to the care of our community and the reporting and investigation of sexual abuse allegations involving minors.
As part of our efforts and in conformity with diocesan policy all adults whose employment, volunteering or ministry involves regular contact with minors must submit to a criminal background check through fingerprint analysis as determined by the Diocese of Trenton and a VIRTUS Awareness Training Program. VIRTUS, a three-hour session covers the scope and nature of child sexual abuse in addition to providing participants steps that caring adults can follow to protect children.
Forms for obtaining a criminal background check are obtained by contacting the Safe Environment Coordinator. Adults must register for a VIRTUS Awareness Training Program by registering online (please click link to left).
All children enrolled in our parish school or religious education program will participate in the RCL Family Life Series, the diocesan mandated safe environment program for children.
Being a parent today is tough and becomes more challenging by the minute. St. Paul Parish desires to partner with parents/guardians and support them in raising the young Church. Here, our goal is to allow parents/guardians to educate themselves and in turn, dialogue with their children.
- Roy Petitfils Live: “Talking to Young People About the Scandals in the Catholic Church”
- CNA Article: “How To Talk To Children About The Church Sex Abuse Scandal”
- “Courageous Conversations” Resources from Greg Dobie Moser:
- Roy Petitfils and Greg Dobie Moser Live: “Courageous Conversations About Sexual Abuse Scandal in the Catholic Church with Dr. Dobie Moser”
Save Environment Coordinator
To report the sexual abuse of minorscall the Diocese of Trenton hotline at:
- Office of Child and Youth Protection Diocese of Trenton
- Secretariat of Child and Youth Protection United States Conference of Bishops