Loaves and Fishes
Loaves and Fishes is local outreach program that serves serves hot meals to the local Trenton community on the last two Saturdays of every month. This outreach program for nearly 40 years has invited local parishes and communities, throughout Central Jersey to gather, prepare and serve the meal. Our parish’s Loaves & Fishes Ministry will again serve close to 600 meals on Saturday, June 23, 2018 at St. Mary's Cathedral in Trenton, NJ, to the homeless and needy of the Trenton area. Our menu this year includes: meatloaf, butter noodles, mixed veggies, freshly tossed salad, cake, and a cheese sandwich, fruit and beverage to go.
Help is needed both on Saturday at the Cathedral to prep, cook, serve, and clean up, and also on Friday, June 22, in the St. Paul School cafeteria, to help make cheese sandwiches, package toiletries, and load cars for transport to the Cathedral.
How Can You Help?
Friday, June 22, 10 AM – 4 PM (St. Paul School Cafeteria):
- Donations of … Meatloaf (no pork, please) fully cooked,
- Donations of ... Full-size toiletries (soap, shampoo, tooth paste, ...), wash cloths, socks;
- Help with sandwiches, lunch boxes, toiletry bags, and meal prep;
Friday, June 22, 4 – 7 PM (meet at St. Paul School Cafeteria at Trenton):
- Driving all donations to St. Mary’s in Trenton and setting up the dining hall
Saturday, June 23, 8 AM – 2 PM (busiest time ~ 11 AM – 1 PM; St. Mary’s in Trenton):
- Food prep, meal serving, handing out donations, and clean-up.