Registration for the 2017-2018 Religious Education Registration for the 2017/2018 School Year Religion Education Programs is a three-step online process. (Please note: To avoid any error in the registration process, please use a laptop/PC when completing your registration online)
The first step is now open. The purpose of the first step is to sign up for My Own Church and to verify your information in our database. There are 4 easy steps.
- In your browser please go to https://connectnow.parishsoft.com/trenton (ConnectNow)
- Click on “New User?”
- Complete the form. The organization is St. Paul Parish.
- Click Submit Registration. You will receive an email confirmation of your submission and a temporary password will be emailed to you once you information has been verified by our parish staff. It may take 2 days to receive a temporary password. Once received please sign on to create a permanent password.
Once you have set your permanent password, you will be able to log-on to My Own Church (https://connectnow.parishsoft.com/trenton). This will allow you to register your child conveniently from home.
Log-in to My Own Church/Connect Now. Once you are logged in you will be able to update your pertinent information.
- Click “My Education” on the upper tab of the screen
- Click “Online Registration” (this will be on the line below the tab from above)
- Update any information about your family
- Select a term; click 2017/2018 in the Drop-Down menu next to term
- Click Add Student; you will need to add each student you are registering individually. Select your child from your family on the Drop-Down Menu, select their grade, update information about any special learning and medical needs, and then you will be able to enter your Class preferences. This is where you will select the session they will attend. You may select up to three options. We will do our best to accommodate everyone’s first choice
The third step is to pay for registration. Payment can be by credit card or check/cash.
- Click "Online Payment" to right. You will be taken to a new webpage.
- Complete information to generate an tuition invoice.
- Select either credit card or check/cash payment.
- Complete the necessary information and click select. If you are paying by credit card, you will receive an email once payment has been posted. If paying by check/cash, please mail or drop payment off in the Parish Office. You will receive an email when your payment is posted.
Tradition Religious Education Programs
- Sunday 8:40-9:45 am (Sunday 8:40) for Kindergarten-8th Grade
- Tuesday 4:15-5:30 pm (Tuesday 4:15) for 1st-8th Grade
- Tuesday 6:00-7:00 pm (Tuesday 6:00) for 6th-8th Grade
Summer Academy will take place from July 24 through August 4. Classes meet Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. This program is available for all grades except Kindergarten and 2nd grade. This intensive program covers a year’s worth of religious education formation material in a two week period. It also provides special experiences of prayer, and participation in parish life. In accordance with diocesan policy, all children enrolled in Grade 1 through 7 attending Summer Academy will be expected to attend 3 Family Catechesis Sessions during the school year. These sessions will take place on 12/12/2017, 3/4/2018, and 5/5/2018 and will begin with the 11:30 am Mass before moving to the St. Paul School Gym for family catechesis. Children in Grade 8 are excused from these family sessions because they will participate in One8 Confirmation sessions.
Family Home Study
Family Home Study will be available for all children from grades Kindergarten through 8. Families will be provided with books and a schedule during our orientation on 9/17/2017. We will attend Mass as a community at 11:30 am and move to the Saint Paul School Gym where we will have an opportunity to pray together, a brief family catechesis, and then distribution of materials. We will then meet for Family Catechesis Sessions on 12/12/2017, 3/4/2018, and 5/5/2018 beginning with Mass at 11:30 am.
Family Life Days
The Diocese of Trenton requires that all students participating in Religious Education (Traditional Programs/Summer Academy/ Family Home Study), also participate in the Family Life Program. St. Paul Parish offers this program is to children through Saturday morning retreat experiences. One session for Grades 1 to 4 (on 2/24/2018) and the other session for Grade 5 to 7 (on 3/10/2018). The sessions meet from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Children must either attend the program, or you must formally opt-out.
This year registration for one child will be $130 with a family maximum of $390. Families that register before May 31 (Early Registration) will receive a $15 discount per child up to $45 per family.
In addition to the regular registration fee, there is a Sacrament Preparation Fee of $60 for children in Grades 2 and 8, as well as those children enrolled in other grades preparing for the Sacraments of Reconciliation, First Eucharist and/or Confirmation. This sacrament fee defrays the cost of retreats, sacramental books, materials, and other incidentals associated with preparation for the sacraments.